Local #521


Founded on February 21, 1910.

 

Painters Local 521 was chartered on February 21, 1910. It was located on the west side of Chicago and was made up of predominantly Jewish painters. The demographic of Local 521 membership has changed over time and is now primarily Hispanic. Local 521 has been located on the Northside of Chicago for the past 60 years. The person who helped to build and guide the local was Brother George Pinkus (RIP). He catered to the membership and was responsible for the local becoming one of the largest in Painters District Council 14. Leonard Dachman led the local after Brother Pinkus’ passing until he succumbed to his own death. The reins of the local are now held by the very capable hands of Brother Victor Hernandez. Local 521 now has a young and enthusiastic executive board that will help lead this local into the future.

Business Representatives / Organizers

Victor Hernandez - Business Representative

P: 312.421.0046

Edward Hernandez - Financial Secretary

P: 847.420.7382

Officers

Hector Hernandez - President

Monique Gutierrez - Vice President

Robert Zappa - Recording Secretary

Daniel Hernandez - Treasurer

Alfredo Lopez - Warden

Trustees

Victor Hernandez

Robert Zappa

Theo Kalotihos

Jose Mencia

Painters District Council 14 Delegates

Victor Hernandez

Jay M. Kolder

Robert Zappa

Daniel Hernandez

Chicago Federation of Labor Delegates

Victor Hernandez

Jay M. Kolder

Monique Gutierrez

AFL CIO Legislative Conference Delegates

Daniel Hernandez

Central Regional Conference Delegates

Ed Hernandez


Dues Information

Effective January 1, 2018, quarterly union dues are $147.00. Send to P.O. Box #47140, Chicago, IL 60647 on the 1st of each quarter.


Local Union Meetings
Directions

St. John Lutheran Church

4707 W. Pratt Ave.
Lincolnwood, IL 60712

2nd and 4th Monday of the month
6:00PM


Photo Gallery