The 2021 Caring Patriots Food Drive Serves 650 Veterans – Thanks to You!
We teamed up with two great companies who employ Union Members: Jewel -Osco and PepsiCo for the 13th annual 2021 Caring Patriots Veterans Food Drive. The challenge was thrown down to raise $25,000 in donations by a set date, which if successful would then be generously matched by PespiCo’s Life Wtr brand. We made it with about a day to spare. The best part, every cent raised was used towards purchasing food for Veterans in need this holiday season.
Caring Patriots is a 100% volunteer organization, so not one penny is paid out in overhead or compensation. The Caring Patriots Veterans Board extends their significant gratitude to all the trades, who have supported and participated in past collection efforts.
It was a particular challenge to raise money this year with two of the past main supporting organizations unavailable. So, a BIG “THANK YOU!” goes out to the following organizations for their generous donations which raised $12,600: (in no particular order)
- Chicago and Cook County Building and Construction Trades Council
- Fox Valley Building Trades
- Painters Local 273
- United Union of Roofers, Water proofers and Allied Workers Local 11
- Chicago Regional Council Carpenters
- United Brother of Carpenters and Joiners of America Union Local 1
- BMO Bank
- Painters District Council 14
- Sign Painters and Display Allied Trades Local 830
- Lake Zurich American Legion Post 964
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 134
- Painters and Glaziers District Council 58
- Chicago Laborers District Council
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 9
- Bansley and Kiener L.L.P.
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades AFL-CIO
- Painters Local 147
- Finishing Contractors Association of Chicago
- DuPage County Building Trades Council
- Chicago Federation of Labor & IUC
- Painters Local 265
- ASB Capital Management
As a result of these amazing efforts, we were able to provide 650 veterans each with a personalized $300 Jewel-Osco shopping experience in Plainfield and Oak Lawn on Sunday December 5th, 2021. Each recipient was able to select their own products based on personal needs and preferences.
One of this year’s 100 years-young veterans served in WWII, seen here gathering his items with help from Jewel-Osco staff
To get involved in the next years Caring Patriots food drive visit CaringPatriots.org for more information.